Thank you for taking the time to consider a position at Pegasus School.
Pegasus School is a dynamic and vibrant place to work where each day you make a huge difference to children’s lives. We care deeply about each and every child and look for the very best in our team to cultivate a life long love of learning. Our school is an inclusive team that never gives up on a child - no matter how complex or challenging that can be.
Leadership provides the impetus, support and challenge to help everyone become better than they thought they could ever be. Our sense of purpose and determination to build innovative, inspiring and highly effective practices across all levels of the organisation are an overwhelming driver and permeate everything that we do.
Wherever you are in your career we may have a position for you. We appreciate that whilst experience is important, will and determination to have a great impact on children’s learning is just as vital. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team of creative, innovative minds who have the highest expectations for the children in their care
The website only gives you a snapshot of what we do; we would love you to visit to share with you what we do.
• Emotional health and nurturing for learning are central to our success. We have adopted Conscious Discipline from nursery to YR6 to support the emotional development of our children, but just as important as that is an ethos that ensures all children are treated with respect and dignity. We know every child can learn to believe in themselves and others, and the sound relationships that form through our approach allow even the most vulnerable or challenging children to thrive and flourish.
• High quality teaching and learning that inspires every child and helps them grow in independence and understanding themselves as a learner. We want every child to feel that learning is intrinsically joyful and something precious that is relevant and accessible to them. We accept no excuses – learning is for every child throughout their time with us and beyond.
• High aspirations mean that we want every child to develop the skills, enthusiasm and self-belief to be successful. We offer a rich and varied range of opportunities to secure this. We avoid the mediocre and show our children that nothing is impossible. The academy develops and extends opportunities to interact and work in the world beyond school. For example, our children have presented at national conferences, held question and answer sessions with aspirational visitors and operated as tour guides for the public during the Blenheim Flower Show.
• An innovative, challenging and exciting curriculum that promotes an entrepreneurial, enquiry based approach. Outdoor learning, visits, visitors and residential trips expand and enrich learning. We follow the United Learning Academy curriculum and adapt this to suit our children and their community. We use Power Maths / White Rose to teach our Maths. Children in EYFS and KS1 are taught phonics through Read, Write, Inc.
• Being open to seeing things differently or from another point of view is a crucial skill we develop. Our teachers model this in all aspects of their relationships with children and with their own work. We need all of our school community to be innovative and entrepreneurial and to demonstrate tenacity to see things through.
• Courage, self-belief and stamina with a critical approach for adults and for children is key to our work. Our teachers model this and develop an approach to learning that promotes these attributes from the very start of school. Part of this is having the ability to set yourself exacting standards and the personal resolve to ensure you reach those challenging goals.
• Sharing the joy of learning with families and the wider community marks our academy approach. The range and scale of activities is simply huge – working together to pick apples and turn them into juice, a shared visit to a local forest, aspirational visitors in school for all to meet. Each activity enriches the learning of our children, and helps put learning at the centre of our community.
Teaching and Learning at Pegasus
We Believe Everyone Can be Outstanding!
We aim to achieve our Vision through the underpinning of our school values: Respect, Determination, Creativity, Enthusiasm, Confidence and Ambition.
These values are the key drivers for all that we do at Pegasus.
Every employee at a United Learning school receives:
- An exceptional salary, above the maintained sector
- At least 8 INSET days per year in all our academies, with 3 dedicated to planning
- Bespoke Continuing Professional Development options - tailored to your needs
- The opportunity to save thousands across hundreds of major retailers
- Reduced fees at a number of independent schools for your children
- BUPA Cover (senior appointments only)
- Competitive maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- The scope for flexible working
- ...and so much more!
By joining Pegasus Primary School you will also become part of United Learning - a unique group of independent and state schools working together to bring out the best in everyone. Our vision is to provide excellent education, which prepares young people to progress in learning and to make a success of their lives. United Learning focuses sharply on the evidence of what makes it more likely that young people will progress and succeed, apply that to classroom practice, allowing schools to continue to learn and develop. It is a priority to provide teachers with excellent professional support and development, so that every child receives an excellent experience.
The approach is underpinned by a sense of moral purpose and commitment to doing what is right for children and young people, supporting colleagues to achieve excellence and acting with integrity in all our dealings within and beyond the organisation, in the interests of young people everywhere.
The development programmes offer access to tailor-made training no matter your career stage, alongside unrivalled opportunities for your career development across both the maintained and independent sectors. The Performance and Development Reviews (PDR) encompass personal aspiration, impact on pupil achievement and identification of continuous professional development and training that is right for you and your future. For more information please visit our dedicated careers site.